While the COVID-19 crisis continues, where schools are not allowing after-school activities, transportation for students to Good News Club / 5-Day Club is permissible under the following conditions.
Conditions that must be met to transport students:
- The state board and local committee agree to the arrangement.
- The chapter and state have sufficient vehicle and liability insurance.
- The CEF Child Protection Policy must be followed especially having two adults present. Adults must be screened according to the policy.
- Drivers must have a valid and appropriate class driver’s license.
Parents sign a permission slip for transportation in addition to a GNC/JYC/5-DC registration form.
Methods that can be used to transport children from school to a GNC/JYC/5-DC at church or other location:
- Church vehicles (buses or vans)
- CEF owned vehicles
- Commercial transportation, such as a private bus service
- Private vehicles (The vehicle owner's insurance will be the primary insurance)